One of the most comprehensive and sophisticated analysis packages available, COSMOS/M offers a tremendous range of analysis capabilities, including:
COSMOS/M is a modular system that runs on Windows NT®, Windows® 95, 98 & 2000.
- Modeling, meshing and visualization of parts as well as assemblies;
- Comprehensive analysis capabilities: stress, frequency, displacement, buckling, heat transfer, nonlinear, dynamic response, fatigue, and Computational Fluid Dynamics capabilities;
- Design optimization.
Intermediate and Advanced capabilities:
- Static Analysis : Extensive library of 1D, 2D and 3D elements supports isotropic, orthotropic, anisotropic, multi-layer composite, and temperature-dependent material properties. Capabilities include linear gap/contacts, Stress stiffening, Sub-structuring, Multi-point constraints, constraint equations and much more. ;
- Frequency Analysis : calculation of natural frequencies and associated mode shapes. Stress stiffening effect can be taken into account. ;
- Buckling Analysis : calculation of buckling mode shapes and associated load factors. Stress stiffening effect can be taken into account. ;
- Thermal Analysis : computation of heat transfer due to conduction, including with convection and radiation boundary condition, for materials with isotropic, orthotropic, composite, and temperature-dependent properties. Capabilites include transient heat transfer with time varying boundary conditions and steady state, temperature dependent convection coefficient and heat generation rates, and much more.
- Nonlinear Structural Analysis : For problems that exhibit geometrical, material and/or gap/contact nonlinearities, in static or dynamic environment. Applications include: limit load, post-buckling, plasticity, rubber-like materials, drop tests, etc.
- Advanced Dynamic Analysis: Dynamic response calculation due to time dependent or frequency dependent loading. Analysis types include:Intermediate and Advanced capabilities:
- Modal-time history analysis
- Steady-state harmonic analysis
- Random vibration analysis
- Response spectra generation and analysis.
- Fatigue Analysis: Computation of partial and total fatigue usage factor. Capability to interface with the modules mentioned above.
- Computational Fluid Analysis: Analysis of gases and liquids through a wide range of Reynolds numbers, for 2D, 3D and axysimetric models. Basic functionalities include simulation of internal and external flows of incompressible, subsonic fluids, with conduction and convection heat transfer capabilities. Optional additional capabilities such as compressible gas flows including subsonic, transonic and supersonic regimes, transient analysis and much more are available.
COSMOS/M is available in four different bundles - Structural, Nonlinear, Intermediate and Advanced - to give you the analysis tools you need, without forcing you to pay extra for the ones you don't. For users with more specific engineering design needs, special add-ons are available.
You can custom-build a system that meets your specific analysis needs, or select one of our pre-packaged bundles. All analysis is done within the GEOSTAR interface.
For more informations, visit: www.cosmosm.com/cosmosm.htm